Do not use this website for emergency assistance. If you are in need of assistance, dial 9-1-1

Temporary Permit

To apply for a temporary disability parking placard complete the APPLICATION FOR TEMPORARY PLACARD and bring it to the Records Bureau along with a check or money order in the amount of $4.00 payable to “NJMVC.” 


Permanent Permit

To apply for a permanent parking placard and/or license plates for persons with disabilities complete the APPLICATION FOR VEHICLE LICENSE PLATES AND/OR PLACARD FOR PERSONS WITH A DISABILITY and bring to the Motor Vehicle Commission (MVC).


Frequently Asked Questions

NJ MVC | FAQ: Wheelchair Symbol Plates and Persons With A Disability Placards (